Water-related risks are already leading to economic losses and public pressure, particularly for companies that depend on water as a primary resource for their industrial activities, such as bottled water companies and food companies.
Water risk is an important but often unrecognized and undervalued issue that links together food, energy, climate and human security challenge. Our rapidly accelerating demand for food, water and energy coupled with increasingly depleted and polluted water bodies are already causing shortfalls on freshwater resources. This trend will continue in the future. To be part of a solution and ensure water long-term procurement, companies need to act in a proactive manner:
- Promote the sustainable and equitable use of water within the environment and communities where company’s activities are located and around the world. By assessing the water dependencies related to both operations and supply chain.
- Innovate, to implement the Best Available Technology
- Address current/future potential changes in policies and regulations to assess the consequences concerning water use and management.
- Contribute to corporate social responsibility to respond to stakeholders and external pressures from consumers and local governments.
Aquasis solution provides services in the field of water footprint, water recycling and water compensation projects to private and public companies.
- Aquasis Solutions’s Water Footprint (WF) analysis can provide you relevant decision-making support information and environmental metrics to face the challenges brought by water scarcity.
- WF integrates traditional approaches of life cycle accounting and virtual water approach.
- WF can help reducing the effects of lack of water availability in the region where your company is located. Also, WF methodology will help you to propose actions and measures to give access to safe drinking water and sanitation in the countries where ingredients are outsourced to produce your products.